Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1

I arrived in Italy yesterday, but am not counting it because it wasn't a full day, I was exhausted and zombie-like, and I didn't really do much. My mom's assistant had to go back to the US due to a sudden family tragedy, so I woke up at 7 this morning knowing I had quite the full day ahead of me.

5 people for the lunch tour, 9 for the sunset tour. The lunch tour has been sent off, and I feel pretty proud of myself for whipping together the food on such short notice and with almost no supplies in the fridge or pantry.

Menu:

  • Frittata with onion, sage, and zucchini
  • Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes & fresh basil
  • Olives from this area
  • Homemade sundried tomato pesto (used the last of what was in the fridge)
  • Swordfish steaks and skewers (olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and rosemary marinade)
  • Shrimp skewers (olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and rosemary marinade) - both shrimp and swordfish will be grilled on board
  • Focaccia (bought, freshly made)
  • Salumi and Cheese board (parmesan, grana padano, and caciotta)
  • Sliced peaches (lemon juice and sugar marinade)
The sunset tour will be a bit more difficult. I need to buy more supplies but the stores have closed for siesta. I'm hoping I can knock out the rest of the stuff and then run and get more produce when things re-open. I have to make more spreads -- we serve an artichoke, caper, and green olive spread in addition to the red pesto.
Anyway, not bad for someone still operating on California time. :)

No comments: