Monday, May 24, 2010
- I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
- I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
- There is great need for a sarcasm font.
- How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
- Was learning cursive really necessary?
- Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
- I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
- “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this - ever.
- I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring Hello? Hello? Damn it!, but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times then goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
- I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
- I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
- Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
- I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
- The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
- There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
- As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
- Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I’d bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
(stolen from Lisa, who stole it from Jane)
Posted by A at 12:24 PM
I arrived in Italy yesterday, but am not counting it because it wasn't a full
day, I was exhausted and zombie-like, and I didn't really do much. My
mom's assistant had to go back to the US due to a sudden family tragedy,
so I woke up at 7 this morning knowing I had quite the full day ahead
5 people for the lunch tour, 9 for the sunset tour. The lunch tour has been sent off, and I feel pretty proud of myself for whipping together the food on such short notice and with almost no supplies in the fridge or pantry.
- Frittata with onion, sage, and zucchini
- Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes & fresh basil
- Olives from this area
- Homemade sundried tomato pesto (used the last of what was in the fridge)
- Swordfish steaks and skewers (olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and rosemary marinade)
- Shrimp skewers (olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and rosemary marinade) - both shrimp and swordfish will be grilled on board
- Focaccia (bought, freshly made)
- Salumi and Cheese board (parmesan, grana padano, and caciotta)
- Sliced peaches (lemon juice and sugar marinade)
Anyway, not bad for someone still operating on California time. :)
Posted by A at 12:57 AM