Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hola


So.. I've been crazy busy and basically not living at my apartment for nearly a month, which is the cause of my most recent blog hiatus. Well, that and the fact that my computer is dead; no idea what the problem is, but I can't even boot it up anymore. Le sigh. If I can't fix it by the time school starts, that's really going to bite.

I'm currently in Roanoke, VA.. I am very sad to say that Jen's time in Motown has run out and it's been a bit hectic getting her house packed up and moved down here in time for her internship. She's in her last year of a psychology PhD program at WVU; her internship just started on Monday and, unfortunately for both of us, she will be working here for the next year. 5.5 hours away from one another.. very sad. :(

We haven't been apart much yet, so I'm not sure the reality of the whole situation has entirely sunk in, at least for me. I have to drive back home tonight because I have to work in the morning, and this will be the start of our extended separation. I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, considering long-distance relationships aren't easy (and there are other complications, as well) but I admit that part of me feels like this is just the start of something good. I found someone awesome.. she's smart, funny, goofy, laid-back, fun, kind, fair, considerate.. and to be perfectly honest, I really want a future with her. If it's not plainly obvious, yes, I'm in love! I'm trying to be realistic, so anything could happen at this point, but keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anyway, I suppose that's all the news I have for now. Please send good computer-fixing vibes my way!!

No comments: