Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sadly, No Mutant Powers Yet


You guuuuuuuuys... I'm a mutant. :(

Earlier this evening, I all of a sudden noticed a freakish, semi-large bump on my right wrist. I've lately been having a bit of wrist pain, and was thinking I might be developing carpal tunnel due to my extremely "up yours, ergonomics" computer setup. I have long had a freakish bump on my right shin, similar in appearance but painless and probably a random fat deposit, except the the one on my wrist is as hard as bone.

I spent some time palpating it, rotating both wrists, and trying to assess whether it was bone, which only led me to the conclusion my left wrist is normal and my right is definitely not. In fact, in some positions, the bump is huge. And slightly sickening.

I then consulted the Google Oracle, and Lord Almighty, I have yet another medical condition, possibly requiring surgery: interesting name, but kind of gross to look at.

I guess if you're going to have a disturbing medical condition, it may as well have a creepy name.

I had a migraine coming on all this afternoon, which was only getting stronger despite the Excedrin I took. Looking at my grody wrist bump at length and doing the online research totally pushed me over the top. I was this close to hurling from the grossness of it all and had to go lie down. YES MY OWN WRIST KIND OF MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT.

Just waiting for those cool mutant powers to kick in and make up for it...

No comments: