Saturday, March 18, 2006

Postcards from the Edge


I recently discovered and have fallen in love with Postcrossing, 'The Postcard Crossing Project'. I love postcards, pen pals, and getting mail other than bills, so Postcrossing to me is slightly addictive. Essentially, once you sign up, you request someone's address, which gets chosen randomly and could be anywhere in the world (so far I've had New Zealand, Australia, Finland, and England). Once you send your postcard off and it gets received, the person registers it and then someone else will randomly receive your address. I have gotten one from a German exchange student in Canada and another from a guy in Spain. It's a lot of fun.. you get to make contact with people all over the world you would probably never know ordinarily, plus you get to send and receive fun mail.

I have a thing for postcards, so I started collecting them years ago. When I get a new Postcrossing address, the fun is randomly picking one and then figuring out what to write on it. I have sent poetry, quotations, as well as brief notes about the card or whatever. It's fun, check it out!

No comments: