Monday, March 27, 2006

Field Name: Anastasia Beaverhousen


Legend in this country speaks of a tribe of secret agents living, breathing, eating, and shopping amongst the masses of unknowing American citizens. Trained to blend in and to avoid conspicuity, these ever-mysterious souls drifting in our midst look just like you and me. These skilled chameleons quietly embrace their noble duty that serves this country as a whole. They are so secretive and invisible that some people may not even believe they exist, but I stand to attest that they do indeed exist. As of today, my friends, yours truly is offically a mystery shopper.

Unfortunately, almost all information is Top Secret and I am not at liberty to discuss who I work for or to identify the business I infiltrated this afternoon. That is classified information that could compromise my mission. What I will say is that the experience was kind of intense. I had the world's longest list of things I had to record, so I felt very pressured to remember all the points and make sure I answered everything accurately. I think the hardest part was trying to watch the employees (and get close enough to read their name tags) without arousing suspicion. Let me tell ya, people tend to notice when you're staring at them (or at their chest).

No comments: