Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Newsies


School started Monday, and it's been an interesting week so far. Even though I had some trouble getting registered for Algebra, as of today I'm officially in all my classes. w00t! I was worried there for a moment. Half my classes are downtown so I have been walking quite a bit, which is a much-needed change after sitting on my ass for a month. My Bio class is about four blocks away, and I think I get there faster on foot than I would if I drove and had to find parking. In addition, I rode the PRT for the first time yesterday. Very exciting.

This semester should be somewhat challenging, but I'm looking forward to it. The classes, especially downtown, have much more of a serious feel to them and I really like that so much better than the idiots I had to attend class with in the Spring. I mean, one of my teachers would tell people to turn their cell phones off before every class, yet at least one phone would go off every single lecture. Evansdale has a more casual feel to it for some reason, and I definitely got the impression in my classes that at least the majority of people really didn't want to be there. It helps that my classes this semester are specialty classes in one form or another.. like my Bio is for science majors, and apparently also pre-med people.

Not much else new... I did, however, want to share with you a really beautiful song that was recently introduced to me by a new friend. It's lovely and rich, and I am particularly fond of the lushness of the string instruments used. Rachael Yamagata - Be Be Your Love

- Rachel Yamagata's Official Site

No comments: