Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring Break


... is awesome and so totally what I needed right about now. I actually had four tests last week, if you count my quiz in Plant and Soil Science lab. When Robin and I finished, we were SO out of there. It's been so nice to just relax and not have to do anything. No posting here has been due to laziness and enjoying that feeling of "I don't have to or want to do anything right now but veg. Woohoo!" In addition, it appears most of my Wi-Fi access points have left town, so I've been having almost no luck getting online.

Spring break would not be complete without homework or the thought of a test next week, would it? Didn't think so.. and yes, I have both. Fortunately, the paper I have to write regarding an experiment we did in lab should be fairly easy, and Robin and I aren't going to sweat the Plant and Soil Science test until next week. We usually study the day before and it seems to work out fairly well for both of us.

Because not a lot is going on right now, I haven't much to post about. I love weekends and breaks especially because everyone clears out of town and my neighborhood is quiet. Both sets of neighbors seem to take off during break, so it's rather peaceful around here.

I finished my winning bidder's eBay mix at the end of last week, somehow amidst all my tests and crap. He told me a few artists he likes, and mentioned that he really enjoys new music. I had a rock-sounding mix in progress for myself, so because he likes just about everything, I built upon that and made a point to add songs and artists he'd probably not heard before. He emailed me yesterday to say he'd received the mix but hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet. I can't wait to hear what he thinks! I had a lot of fun designing the cover; I recently got some very cool fonts that were perfect for the rock-ish feel of the mix. Here's how it turned out:

Rock Your Socks Off Mix

1. The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
2. Jimmy Eat World - Get It Faster
3. Bush - Mouth
4. Veruca Salt - Disconnected
5. Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes
6. Unwritten Law - Seein Red
7. Kosheen - Hungry
8. The Exies - Ugly
9. Evanescence - My Immortal (Live Acoustic Version)
10. Dido - Mary's In India
11. Grant Lee Buffalo - Fuzzy
12. Sheryl Crow - Behind Blue Eyes
13. Letters to Cleo - Dangerous Type
14. Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother
15. Tegan and Sara - I Hear Noises
16. Jet - Look What You've Done
17. Dave Matthews Band - Angel
18. Damien Rice - Volcano
19. Kennedy - Brain In a Room

No comments: