Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'll Tell Ya What I Love..


Mrs. T's onion and potato pierogies, sauteed in some butter. Four minutes on each side, they come out all crispy on the outside and pure goodness on the inside. I don't know what it is about them, but I can make a dinner of about five or six, they fill me up and almost always totally hit the spot. I love them so much that I always buy the family-size pack.

What I also love is that my Plant and Soil Science midterm is d-o-n-e. Over. Finished. The best part, probably the absolute highlight of my semester, is the fact that the girl who sits next to me in CS class gave me a binder full of her old tests, quizzes, worksheets, and crop growth notebook from last semester. The tests aren't identical, so no one can call me a cheater. Besides, usually he puts study questions and a sample test up for check out in the library. However, this time, he didn't put out a test and I would have been so totally screwed had it not been for the green binder in my posession. You see, I haven't done much of anything in the past couple of weeks, homework or studying. I've been feeling pretty low and depressed, and completely unmotivated to do any work. Yesterday, I got together with Robin, and then another girl from our class showed up, and we all studied from the test. Again, it wasn't identical, and there was definitely stuff I didn't know, but I felt fairly good about it. The easy portion (i.e. short answer and true/false) were a complete breeze and I was stoked. I may have gotten some points on the bonus question. It will all come down to how well I got my ideas across, which, in this class, is far more difficult than you would imagine. Plus he's a real stickler when it comes to grading. But the good feeling I get is that I didn't bomb it, that studying yesterday actually taught me some stuff. Whee!

After CS lab, the teacher asked me if I'd learned anything in class today. I was honest and told him no. He looked confused and I said very frankly, "This class is very hard to follow." He gave me a look and replied, "Oh. I don't think so, huh?" before walking off. The biggest frustration is that he absolutely can NOT answer a simple question. I asked him if we needed to print out our Access reports for the lab assignment, and instead of just saying yes, he went on to tell me to hit alt-print and paste the image into Word. I did it, not really understanding why, and he said, "Okay! Yeah! See?" and then walked away. I was kind of like, oookaayy.. and then a few minutes later, I heard him tell someone they needed to print out their Access reports. You see what I have to deal with?



Currently Playing...
Song: Sheryl Crow - Steve McQueen (live)
Book: Power of the Witch by Laurie Cabot with Tom Cowan
Obsessing Over: iPods! Help me get one free by clicking here -- then get one yourself!

No comments: