Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Random Meanderings


I've had my site listed on Blogshares for a while. I started my blog almost two years ago, and when it came to naming it, I was careful to not choose something that was already in use. At the time, there was one other site named Random Meanderings, but the author appeared to have abandoned it, so I felt pretty safe in using the name.

The other day on Blogshares, I was a little startled to notice that there was not one, but EIGHT other sites listed with the name "Random Meanderings". I visited most of them, and a little digging uncovered that three of them were different blogs belonging to a person who apparently has since changed their blog name. The other five, however, I smirkingly noted that they all started well after I did. So my question is.. do I have the creative right to my blog title, considering I came up with it first? Is it overly bitchy to write to these people and mention the title theft? I mean, after all, it's not entirely a unique concept. But still, I feel that I had it first and these folks need to come up with something more creative. I'm curious to know your thoughts, and what you would do were it your blog, so please use the comments to let me know.

I get my geeky jollies by doing a search for "random meanderings" on Google, cause look who is #1! I'M THE KING OF THE WOOOOOOOOOORLLLD!!!

Here are the others, in no particular order:

- randmeand.blogspot.com
- doctoredd.blogspot.com
- sdmagic1.blogspot.com
- spaces.msn.com/members/meanderings
- silverspurs.blogspot.com



Currently Playing...
Song: Depeche Mode - Dream On (French Touch Mix)
Book: Lita : A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas by Amy Dumas, Michael Krugman
Obsessing Over: iPods! Help me get one free by clicking here -- then get one yourself!

No comments: