Saturday, December 18, 2004

Fun With Audioblogger


Angie rented episodes 5-8 of The L Word in order to catch up (she came in halfway through the season). We both were exhausted tonight, and you know how you sometimes get stupid and giddy when you're beyond tired. I've been in sleep deficit for the past couple of days, and Angie got up early to help build a Habitat For Humanity house at 8 am, after going to bed late last night.

So anyway, we watched an episode last night, and two tonight. After the second one, she declared she'd had enough for the night, though we sat there for a while with the DVD menu still on-screen. Angie started playing with features, taking me back to the scene in episode 4 where Alice and Shane are at The Planet hammering out the details of Shane and Alice's mom kissing. This is one of my favorite scenes in the entire first series, and therein lie a couple of gems I love. Angie at some point noticed the option to watch the series in Spanish, so we watched parts of dubbed-over episodes that we alternately heckled and laughed at. Dubbing in general is just goofy, but what I hate most of all is the dubbed-over sound effects, the voice actors in a studio watching a tape going, "Mmmm.. oohh.. aaahh.. mmm.."

Anyway, if you buy or rent the first season DVDs, I highly recommending watching some scenes in Spanish. There's a part in my favorite scene where Alice, in defense of hearing the gory details about how sexy and wild her mom is, grabs a pillow from the couch she's sitting on, covers her head and ears with it, and starts singing, "My baloney has a first name, it's O-s-c-a-r, my boloney has a second name.." Angie said she had to see the Spanish version, and I agreed. We had to watch it more than once, it was so damn funny. Here it is, in all its glory:


this is an audio post - click to play

No comments: