Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A Mere Slip of a Post


I'm currently zonked out of my head with a particularly nasty cold. I apologize for not keeping up with comments, but I simply haven't had the mental energy to compose responses. I kept trying, but my brain just craps out on me partway through and I keep having to delete everything.

In the midst of my zombie haze, I managed to finish my Burn It mix. Not only that, I burnt the CDs and made the covers, too. Not my finest work, artistically, but it'll have to do. Somehow in the creation and continued tweaking of said mix, I failed to notice that the final change I'd made somehow didn't stick, and ended up burning it to all seven discs before I caught it. Not the biggest deal, but I'd moved that song for a reason, damn it.

I had too many songs in my rough draft to fit on one CD, and it was a very difficult decision when I had to pare them down. Despite their integrity to my high school experience, I opted to take off some of the more potentially-annoying songs. For the cheese factor, I'd tried to find some Milli Vanilli and Paula Abdul, but OMG, what absolute frippin' crap-ola did I used to listen to? Damn, that music sucked so bad I found myself unable to sit through a single song. My beloved Go-Go's didn't make the cut, either.

Here's the final, final mix:

1. Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
2. The Nails - 88 Lines About 44 Women
3. Counting Crows - Round Here
4. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares to U
5. Aerosmith - Janie's Got a Gun
6. Primus - Winona's Big Brown Beaver
7. Metallica - Enter Sandman
8. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
9. They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
10. R.E.M. - Nightswimming
11. Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
12. Depeche Mode - New Dress
13. The Uninvited - Too High For the Supermarket
14. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
15. Nena - 99 Luftballons
16. The Cure - To Wish Impossible Things



P.S....
Help me get a free iPod by clicking here -- then get one yourself!

No comments: