Thursday, September 09, 2004

Questionable


Margaret Cho posted some interesting things about the 9/11 Pentagon attack. I've been personally wondering why the government (and subsequently everyone else) has been focused only on New York (and to a lesser extent, the PA plane), yet no one ever mentions the Pentagon attack.

I don't know about you, but I take conspiracy theories with a grain of salt. So watch this and judge for yourself. It does seem a bit fishy, doesn't it? And just in case you want to hear the other side, Snopes.com debunks the 'urban legend'.

Thanks, Margaret.

Lastly, I plan a real post very soon.. I spent Sunday protesting Bush's visit to our town and have lots to talk about. Unfortunately, my computer is really messed up, and I'm being given no choice but to reformat my C drive. I've spent the past week wrangling with it, and been unable to locate the cause of my problems. And then last night, I uninstalled AOL (that I'd installed for the iPod trial), and apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been getting Blue Screens of Death for the past 7 days, and quite the concentrated amount last night. I was trying to browse some of my regular websites today, and both IE and Firefox keep unexpectedly quitting.

So that's the cause for my non-posting.. much behind-the-scenes banging with a monkey wrench has been occurring. Thankfully, now that I have a 160 GB HD as storage in addition to my 30 GB boot drive, I can most likely just copy over the stuff I want to save, rather than having to burn an assload of CDs like I did last time. And more importantly, all my music is on the G drive, so I won't have to spend hours burning those to disk.

I am glad to know that it doesn't seem to be a problem with my video card, as I wondered, so I can put the old crusty thing back in there, and not have to deal anymore with the crappy video card that came combined with my motherboard.



Currently Playing...
Song: Trespassers William - I Know
Book: A Friend of the Family by Lisa Jewell
Obsessing Over: iPods! Help me get one free by clicking here -- then get one yourself!

No comments: