Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Late Night Minutes


The Spidey Friends Network -- Photo journal entry.

The first three pictures I took tonight, as I was leaving for a late-night trip to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart during the day is a rather exhausting and annoying experience, full of the rednecky unwashed masses I'm faced with every day at work, so I try to go only if I absolutely must, and then I go after 10pm. The only problem with going late is that it's like stepping into some stoner's nightmare. Bright fluorescent lights. Boxes everywhere. Plethoras of grizzled employees, male, female, and a little bit of both, randomly stocking and cleaning and staring at you. Plus the weird kind of customers who only shop at night.

Tonight's trip was interesting. From the moment I walked into the store, I felt like I'd stepped into some vortex that transported me to another planet. And call me paranoid, but I felt abnormally stared at, like I had a huge booger hanging from my nose, but no one dared to tell me. I can't even describe individual happenings, but take it from me, I was in an alien Wal-Mart. Employees and customers alike, they were all too weird for words.



Currently Playing
...
Song: Ani DiFranco - To the Teeth

No comments: