Saturday, March 20, 2004

Anyhoo..


So, yeah. Now you know why I've been AWOL for the past coupla weeks or whatever. She's great, she really is. It's been a little scary, in a good way, because she seems to be the most normal person I've ever dated. 'Normal' being relative and all, since no one is really normal, but there are varying degrees of good and bad abnormality in the world.

Her name is Angie (not that stupid Angie from last fall) and thankfully, it seems as if she's all-around a really sweet, caring, wonderful person. I told her I keep waiting for the horns to sprout, but I get the feeling that that's not going to happen. So, imagine... me in a relatively normal, adult relationship? Alert the newspapers! Hell could be freezing over!

She lives about five minutes from me, though we met through Yahoo! personals. She answered my ad and we played a bit of phone/email tag before finally getting together one night to go to OfficeMax. Yeah, kind of a random 'first date', though we ended up at Tim Horton's for coffee and food, and then we watched a movie at her place. We ended up in bed and I spent the night.. so the joke now is 'going to OfficeMax' = sex.

By the way, going to OfficeMax with her is fucking hot. Ha ha!

Other than that, it's been a couple of weeks full of sleep deprivation and overall it's been kind of a blur. Not in a bad way, in the least. I've just been floating along in a giddy little haze. Ahh, the poor people who have to put up with me like this.

I don't have a ton of news other than that, but of course, to me, that's the biggest thing that's happened in a while. I'm extremely pleased and happy, and so thankful that we met. I know I've said repeatedly that she's great, but I swear, she is. I think even my mom approves, which is something, considering she normally wants to hear absolutely nothing involving my gayness.

But my mom surprised me when I talked to her; instead of immediately changing the subject when I mentioned Angie, she responded quite positively and even asked me a bunch of questions about her. And then Mikey adores her, too.. so it's really all very good.

Gush, gush, gush. Yeah. I'm sure it's sickening to everyone else, but seriously, be happy for me, because I think I met the one woman on the planet who's not interested in fucking with my head and making me feel shit about myself. And this in itself is beyond fab.

I feel very comfortable with her, and since she seems to appreciate the weird, whacko, quirky self that is me, I get to be totally myself around her, even though that includes my random, goofy parts. We appear to be quite musically compatible, which is very important to me, and we are so totally sexually on par with each other that it's truly mind-blowing. I said the sex was fucking hot, and oh yeah. It is.

Aside from that, Mikey has one more week before he moves to Columbus. I'm a little depressed about this fact, because I am going to miss him SO terribly when he's gone. I don't know what I'll do with myself when my gay boyfriend is gone. Le sigh. He can't leave me here! I need him!!

But I totally know why he's going and if I were him, I'd do the same with very little looking back. And I know it's going to be so much better for him, so I can't not be happy for him. And because I know I'll want to visit, maybe it'll be an excuse to get out of Parkersburg and head somewhere a little more cultured and with something resembling a gay scene.

I'm not entirely sure what else to say, since the rest of my news is just little bits and pieces of things. Like I finally got a DVD player and I'm so excited about it. $60 at Wal-Mart.. I know it's not anything fancy or great, but as long as it works, that's all I care about at the moment. Oh, and now that I've been seeing Angie, it seems I can function almost normally around Gayla at work (thank god).

If I think of anything else, I'll add it later!


Currently Playing...
Song: Vanessa Mae - White Bird (Airscape Remix)
Book: Heh, which one? The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith, Naked by David Sedaris, Dogwalker by Arthur Bradford, and The Horseman on the Roof by Jean Giono (been working on it for over a year now)

No comments: