Friday, February 27, 2004

I'm Feeling Stupid


Okay, so like, I've been deathly, deathly bored for the past couple of days. I've been kind of worn down and tired, and not really interested in doing anything. Plus due to this general malaise I've been feeling, I have had a lot of difficulty sitting and focusing on one thing for very long.

I love looking through people's links on their blogs, but I've lately been kind of guilty of link theft, so what I really wanted was to discover some randomness and new stuff on my own.

I had Alex give me random words to plug in for Google searches, but despite the great words he picked, like 'boobs guitar programming', nothing interesting turned up. What's a girl to do?

I've surrendered to the ennui and am just sitting here listening to new music. I've recently noticed just how much mellow music I have, and earlier today, I realized part of my boredom was that the music wasn't speaking to me. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, and damn it, it was all way too mellow. I kept shuffling and shuffling hoping to get a pocket of loud, bouncy music, but all my MP3 player seems to want to play is the slow shit.

I had a long, winding, great conversation with Alex in which we swapped music recommendations. He got me hooked up with some great stuff tonight, and I'm happily listening and enjoying.

I have to say that I connect most with people who are as obsessed with good music as I am. Because they just get what music can do for you. And what I love about Alex is that he's on the same level as I am with music and we can have music swapping sessions where we try out each other's music.

I actually get kind of a high from downloading never-heard-before stuff and listening to it. New music is so orgasmically exciting for me. And since I like just about everything, I love getting recommendations from other people because I can filter out most of the bad shit.

I actually look at people's playlists and things like that 'Psycho Shuffle' thing, to see what people are listening to, and if something seems interesting, I grab it. I hardly ever listen to the radio and never know what's playing in the club (though Mikey seems to keep abreast of that sort of thing), so I tend to get most of my new music from someone telling me. That and when I'm on WinMX if I have the disk space to spare, I will find people with the fastest connections and browse for hours, downloading as I go.

I've found some awesome stuff that way. Plus I think it's very interesting to see what other people are listening to.

I haven't much to post, simply because I've been bored off my ass and my car is at the mechanic. I did want to post this, something Alex got off Fark.com. "TV station allows anyone to report business closings due to snow storm. Hilarity ensues."

And also, because I'm in a dumb, bored mood, I'm going to post a link to my very first website EVAR. That it's even still up despite no work on it in over seven years stands as testament that my dorky past will never die.

Laugh away. Yes, I can hear you sniggering from here.



Currently Playing...
Song: Bass Test - Chemical Brothers

No comments: