Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Durr.


I've been a bad blogger. Feel free to spank me. I've just been really busy and/or not feeling well and had kind of no motivation to write anything. So.. yeah.

Not much has happened, anyhow. School is school and.. aw shit, I just reminded myself that I have a bunch of homework to do before tomorrow. Damn. So yeah, school is school, work is work, blah blah.

I've spent the past week or so on WinMX downloading a ton of music. It all started when I fell in love with Evanescence last week, and have basically downloaded every song they've ever made. I love Amy Lee's voice, plus the guys in the background really rock, too.

I read some bios about the band and one of them mentioned that Amy's original partner left the band because it had become 'all about the girl'. After reading that and then looking through some pictures, I did very much get that impression -- she's in the forefront in every single one with the guys in the background, usually looking any direction but at the camera. I think it's kind of a shame that it's become about her, since the background music is awesome. I mean, the whole package, the idea behind their music, it's beautiful, touching, and covers a range of emotions.. is gorgeously done. Combined with Amy Lee's haunting voice, I can't get enough.

I've also been enjoying Bond (thanks, Alex) and Damien Rice.



Bond is... well... a quartet of hot chicks that play string instruments (see photo for proof). Their music ranges from classical to pop to... well, some of it is difficult to describe. But in general, their music is great. Plus hot chicks with string instruments, how the hell can you beat that? They can rosin my bow any day.





Damien Rice was being advertised by Yahoo! LAUNCH, and I did something I rarely do -- I clicked on the ad. Actually, I ended up being kind of floored by the featured songs, "Volcano", "Delicate", and "The Blower's Daughter". As far as I can tell, Damien Rice and his two female bandmates are from Ireland. The videos are simple and black-and-white in-studio recordings, focusing on the music and the musicians. In addition to Damien Rice's vocals, there is a woman on cello and a woman on backup vocals, whose voice in "Volcano" completely melted me into a puddle. He's a bit scroungy-looking, but you know, whatever if you go for that sort of thing. The singer chick is adorable.

No comments: