Thursday, February 26, 2004

Bend Over...


Cause I've learned that the universe just rams you up the ass from time to time, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Like, for instance, someone breaking into my car tonight and ripping my ignition out.

I really would like to blame the whole thing on Jennifer, since she was the only reason I was out in the first place, but part of me believes that this is my karma for the Visine shooter.

In any case, Jennifer called me and tried to make a big deal out of nothing and said she wanted to talk to me in person. Because she didn't want me to be mad at her. And honestly, I wasn't going to go because frankly there was nothing I wanted to hear from her. But then I showered and did my hair with the new straightening stuff I got and afterwards decided I was way too hot to not go out and flaunt it.

Yeah, I'm dumb. I know. But whatever, I went out and in the two hours we were in the bar, someone ripped the ignition out of my car and rifled through my glovebox. The area I live in is generally pretty safe and free of crime, so I leave my doors unlocked. Mostly because fixing a broken window would cost me more than anything I have in my car.

And because of this, I don't keep anything in my car. The only things that cost more than $10 are my CD adapter and box of cassettes (which were both left). No one wants my tape deck. Actually, I'd give it willingly, because it would be more reason to put a CD player in my car.

When Mikey and I walked to the car, the only thing out of the ordinary was that the interior light was on in the car. The passenger side has to be closed hard, so sometimes it gets left open like that, but I had made Mikey re-close his door to turn the light off. I kind of shook it off until I got into the car and went to find the keyhole with my fingers... and felt a big, gaping hole instead.

Yeah. My ignition was just... like... gone.

I ended up calling the cops, who filed a report and said nothing could be done. I wanted fingerprints! Bastards! So my car is just sitting there and I have to pay out the ass to get it towed and get a new ignition. Grrrrr.

And Jennifer is just so fucking messed up, I have no words. Phew, I am so glad I'm out of that!

No comments: